
Last Friday was my work Lagoon day. As a single person, we get to invite a guest. My friend Tammy came with me. (I thank her husband Jeff for loaning her to me for the day.) Anyway, the time spent at Lagoon was fine- after we rode the few rides we cared about, had dinner and I socialized, we decided we had had enough and left. I was driving along the frontage road heading for the freeway when a little creature ran out in to the road in front of me. I slammed on my breaks- not wanting to hit the poor thing -and in the confusion of it all discovered it was a tiny kitten. The poor thing was scared to death and went running back the way it had come. (Which was into the ditch on the side of the road.) As an animal lover in general and a cat lover in particular, I pulled off to the side of the road and went running after it. It had run into a drainage pipe which lead, if followed all the way through, to the freeway. In vain I tried to coax it out and it wouldn't come. After a while (I really mean the compilation of at least an hour and a half) we finally bought some canned cat food at the gas station and left it on a napkin at the opening for the cat to eat. This of course is a very simplified version of the story. But I tell this in order to preface my praise of my good, true friend. Not once did Tammy try to persuade me that my crazy idea was hopeless and that we should go. She only ever suggested that we try and find a store to buy it some food. I am sure she thought that I was absolutely nuts, but she was supportive the entire time. It's like that email that has gone around about how a true friend will experience a crazy night of events with you and will be sitting in the cell next to you afterwards saying- "well that was fun!" without a word of complaint that you got them into this mess. I'm not sure if Tammy reads the blog or not, but I'd just like to say thanks- Thanks for being a true friend!
2 comments:
I love good friends. Sounds like you've got one!
So you might hate me but I gave a guy your blog address. He is so funny and reminds me of Rob. So if a guy named Matt comments you will know.
Post a Comment