Monday, June 23, 2008

What did you want to be when you grew up?

When I was younger, I wanted to be a teacher. I had remembered all of the influential teachers in my life and thought that I could make a huge difference in the lives of children. I even got as far as taking Teachers Prep courses in college. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I learned of the politics within the school boards/districts and it turned me off to teaching. It's kind of sad because there might be some really great people out there who want to be teachers but are/were just as disappointed as I was to learn that even shools act like a corporation. I really admire those souls who can on a daily basis go out and teach. It's amazing that there are so many who continue through it all. Perhaps they would think the same about my current job in corporate America...

Anyway, what did you want to be when you grew up? Are you currently in that role? Are you happy?

I must admit that I am currently happy in my mundane little life. Even if it's not what I thought I would be doing when I grew up. I've learned valuable lessons along the way and am always looking for ways to improve myself. Perhaps going back to school?

3 comments:

SilverRain said...

I wanted to be a vet, then an interior decorator, then a wildlife biologist, then a vet again. As you know, I ended up as a graphic designer. I think I'm occupationally schizophrenic.

But if you want to go back to school, DO IT! I'm longing to go back, and really can't right now. If you go back, I can live vicariously through you!

DO IT!!!

"The Queen in Residence" said...

I always wanted to be a RN and am still dreaming of earning that degree, but it will have to wait a while longer. I just keep hope that I might graduate prior to entering a old-home.

Pinky Lovejoy-Coogan said...

I wanted to be a newscaster, until I found out you had to be on the road and away from home a lot. I didn't think that would work with a family...sadly, no family...so, perhaps I should've done it? :)