So, I've been debating about posting this on my blog. I have a couple of minor rants about public restrooms. Particularly the ones at work.Ok, maybe it's just me, but when I am in the bathroom, I like a little space if I can get it. There are 8 stalls in the bathroom I frequent at work. 8. So why does someone come in and pick the one right next to you when all the others are vacant? I really don't get that. It's happened to me a few times over the last couple of months. If there are other people already in there, I will purposely select a stall or two away from others. (Unless it's really crowded at the time and then it's okay to use whichever one is vacant. This is the only time!) The only thing I can come up with is that these people have a favorite stall and they must use that one if it's available- no matter how creepy it is to pick the stall right next to the only other one occupied at the time.
The other thing I think is really weird- and if you are one of these people, please explain to me why you must talk on your cell phone while in the stall!?! (Usually peeing at the same time! Gross!) Really, you can't wait five minutes to finish a conversation before going into the stall? If not, can't you at least let the other person know you need to call them back? Frankly, it's a bit rude to the person on the other end of the line - forcing them to listen to you do your business in the background and such. Not to mention the fact that your germy hands probably have to touch the phone (that is right next to your face every time you talk on the phone!) at some point before you can properly wash them. (Gross again!)
Anyway, that's the rant for the day. Sorry it was a little crass. But, hey, it made me feel better and afterall, it's my blog. All about me, right?
3 comments:
You are so funny.
I have to admit to having a "favorite stall" but it's because I hate feeling like I'm peeing into a hole in the ground. At least the handicapped stalls (or the downstairs restroom stalls, for some odd reason) are tall enough to use comfortably.
And I'm with you, otherwise I'll pick a stall a distance away. Although, in our restroom, even three other people means you have to sit next to SOMEone.
And you know my pet peeve—the ones that sit there forever doing nothing but listening to you do your business. Cree-py.
I always wonder why strangers sometimes not only sit in the stall next to me, but then start up a conversation. It's nice to be social but I think there's a time and place and it's not while sitting on a toilet...unless, of course you are out of toilet paper. But keep the conversation brief, please.
OK, I'll admit I have a favorite stall and therefore am impervious to the possibility of anyone else being in a close stall.
But I totally agree with the cell phone thing. It drives me batty!
Post a Comment