Saturday, January 3, 2009

The art of letter writing...

...is dying. Let's face it- even email, which is supposed to help us keep in touch faster and more frequently is now just a mess of forwards. No one really says "hello, here's what's going on in my part of the world- how are you?"


I love to create and send out Christmas Cards. It's my way of sending a surprise to my friends and family all over. And it's usually the one time during the year that we actually look forward to the mail. (Because we're getting more than just bills.) Sad, but true.


It seems that in our busy lives, we don't really have time to do much more than send a quick forward to people to let them know we're thinking of them. Here's my challenge to you- if you decide you want to take it, that is. Write a letter, send a card or actually write an email to a friend or loved one this week. Not only will you make someone's day, you never know when the favor will be returned to you!

1 comment:

Heather Armstrong said...

I agree. Our communication also becomes more fragmented with e-mail and text messaging. We no longer use full sentences and we no longer spell out every word. I keep receiving e-mails at work with a series of forwards and I often I don't know what people are asking me to do.