My mom and I got up early and went browsing/shopping on Saturday. It was nice to get there close to the time that they opened- simply because it was less crowded and of course it wasn't as hot. We wrapped up our day about 1:00 PM. If you can believe it, I forgot my camera! So, I had to wait until I got home to take photos of my loot.
So here they are...
This first picture is of the back of a box of greeting cards I bought. They are photographs made into cards. There are four different photos and I plan to frame one of each. (There are 12 total in the box, so I can send the others out into the world to be enjoyed as well!) I have an idea, it just needs to come to fruition...

This is a recycled spoon that has been mounted on a piece of wood and turned into a hook. It'll hang on the wall in my kitchen and I'm thinking I can hang my apron or else those "green" reusable bags you get at the grocery store on it. They had forks to and I'm kinda wishing I had purchased one of each. Oh well.

Last but not least- my favorite purchase of the day. Not just because it's a picture of a cat- but because of how cool the piece actually is. This is also a recycled item as the artists use old tins (like candy tins) and make them into art. This piece is actually useful in the sense that it also has hooks for you to hang your keys, belts, etc. on it.

Click on the photos to enlarge them- it's hard to see the actual cat made of metal unless you get a larger view.
My mom bought some cool things too. She bought this awesome metal sculpture for the cabin. It actually hangs on the wall. I was hoping she had the card here so I could send you to this guy's website, but she left it at the cabin so we could know who made the piece. (A lot of good it does us there as there isn't an internet connection there.) Anyway, it was a pretty fun day.
1 comment:
Kate, I didn't know you were into buying art. Very cool!
Post a Comment