Westminster...

What every American tourist does when they see the cute red telephone booths on the streets of London. Of course most people actually go inside them and pretend to be using the phone. I happened to select the one that smelled like it was someone's personal toilet. We'll leave it at that.

The original entrance to Buckingham Palace. Not sure when, but the Royal Family opened up some of the land along the promenade to the public. They are now public parks and were very beautiful.

While walking the promenade, we heard fanfare and being a nosy person, I decided we had to see what was going on. We stumbled upon a parade. I still don't know why they were gathered and parading. But, it made for a nice photo opp!

Buckingham Palace with Queen Victoria's tribute statue in front of the fountain. (Or part of the fountain. I forget.)

The guard(s) at a distance...

The gates we couldn't get through to get any closer... We read that the Palace is opened to the public for a couple of weeks during the year. There are tours of dining rooms, large halls, etc. This usually happens in August I believe. Even though we couldn't get in, we saw that the flag was flying at Buckingham Palace. Which means that the Queen was in London. (Otherwise, the flag's not flown.) Not sure if she and her family were actually inside or not. It was Sunday, so maybe they were having high tea with a few friends and watching the tourists with interest from behind their protected gates...

Trafalgar Square behind us...

The National Portrait Gallery. (We visited this on a different day and saw the few paintings we were most interested in. Sunflowers by Van Gogh for example.)

One of the lions guarding the fountain...

The fountain at Trafalgar Square.
1 comment:
Fun, fun! The first picture is my favorite (beautiful!), but I also loved your account of finding someone else's personal toilet! LOL!!!
Post a Comment