Eurovision is only the most popular song contest in all of Europe! It's been going on for 50+ years! There are several contests prior to the official night where it's narrowed down to the 25 best songs and the individuals or groups from those countries perform their song live on stage. Then all of Europe votes. Different point values are awarded to their top 10 picks. The winner not only gets bragging rites for a full year, but they also get to host the next Eurovision in their country. This year it was being broadcast from Moscow. I was lucky enough to be at Zonia's house when Eurovision was on and we watched the whole thing.So, without further ado... This year's winner was Norway! And by a landslide!

Some of my other favorites were Estonia...

Malta...

and Iceland- which came in second.

I know that you are dying to see the videos and hear some of the music. (Especially those above that I mentioned. Iceland, Malta and Estonia and the UK were all awesome. I was hoping that Iceland would win.) Anyway, click here and experience the magic! Once you get to the main page, go to the list of countries on the right hand bottom corner. Then click on a country and view the video. Others I recommend for kicks are Spain, Romania and for a real treat Sweden.
Please leave your thoughts and comments! I am curious to know if you have any favorites or...
I must warn you that it's quite addicting. So view when you have some time to dedicate to perusing the site/videos.
1 comment:
Wow, Kate! Thanks for sharing, those are spine-tingling. I loved Estonia's with almost an eerie feel. Wonderful.
Glad you're back safe.
Post a Comment