Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Gingerbread Houses

Super Random Girl had us over for a party this past weekend. She had purchased some of the gingerbread house kits and had us go to town. Actually, we created a town- so to speak. I'll let the photos speak for themselves...
I made this one... The candy corns in front are supposed to be a fire pit. And all of the dots around the roof are their Christmas lights. (Just in case you were wondering, because I know you were.)
The one above was made by Heidi and Tyler- a brother/sister duo who had some great ideas and built upon each other concepts until they got this wonderful creation. (Even a dog in the front yard peeing on a fire hydrant.) There's a mailbox and a lamp post too. Do you like the green grass? (They laid sod!)


The house with a face- including the tongue/walkway was created by Heather and Liz. My favorite are the eyebrows! The blue dot is the bindi- I am not sure why it needed one. Perhaps Liz or Heather will comment and explain.


Below, Kelly is hard at work making gummies into beautiful rose windows and candles in the greenery on the ledges of her church. She even had Super Random Girl's hubby hard at work making the Nativity scene for the front yard...
Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus are being watched over by the big red dinosaur in the background. (We weren't sure if he really carried the Royal family over instead of the donkey or if he just got lucky and stumbled upon the scene.) Oh and the baby has been swaddled in a humble Starburst wrapper. Very appropriate.

Kelly had to leave before her creation was complete. I finished the roof for her. Frosted Flakes make the best shingles!


Hope you enjoy the photos from our fun night. I have some neat ones from Temple Square after the Mormon Tabernacle Choir concert I went to on Friday night... I share those on the next post.

3 comments:

Pinky Lovejoy-Coogan said...

Super Random Girl? Are you taking to creating nicknames now? :)

Super Random Girl said...

Yay, Kate!

And hello, Pinky Lovejoy-- I really do exist! Shh, it's my superhero name...

I have yet to find the cord that connects my camera to the computer, so I was so happy to see Kate's pictures (as always!).

I had so much fun hanging out with all of you, and it made me realize even more that I am so lucky to have so many great people as friends.

These four little houses (ahem, excuse me-- 3 houses and a church) have been adopted by my family, and we will love them and treasure them at least until after New Year's. In fact, once I get my Christmas decorations up (please, no snarky comments from anyone about how I have only about a week until that grand day-- being random means that I create even more chaos/disorganization than remotely necessary), these darling gingerbread creations will adorn my living room. Although, I have to warn you that a giant baby came upon the town and ransacked a few candies from the church. (sorry for the vandalism, Kelly)

Merry Christmas, all!

kwinc ee dink said...

Well if that isn't just the most loverly gingerbread row in existence! (giant baby attack notwithstanding---and I hope the giant has been properly reprimanded for desecrating the holy sanctity of gingerbread---I don't take that stuff lightly!)

Had a blast! Love you all!