Saturday, February 18, 2012

Parent's 50th

Wow- I can't believe that my parents have been married for 50 years! We (my brother and I) had a surprise party for them. My dad got let in on the secret because they have so many things to schedule around- like basketball games and cabin weekends. But my mom wasn't told until the day of. We invited friends and family over for an open house. It was so much fun and both of my parents said how much they loved and appreciated it. Instead of presents, we asked everyone to bring a card, photographs and/or memories that I will later add to a scrapbook.

Here's the cake... My friend Marci did an excellent job both in decoration and taste. It was a red velvet with cream cheese frosting and since they are both golfers, it was golf themed...



My brother and his family were in charge of the decorations around the house. The other photos were pretty blurry.. but here's one of the balloons on the piano:



Here's the cake in all it's glory! (Don't you love the saying? Sometimes I just can't help how clever I am!)



What a fun night and I am so proud to say that my parents made it 50 years!

2 comments:

Heather Armstrong said...

That is one good-looking cake! Congratulations to your parents!

nASHTONville said...

Love the cake! 50 years? WOW! That is awesome...great job on the surprise!