Friday, July 17, 2009

A busy day tomorrow...

First I have a Stampin' Up! open-house from 10 to 3. Then, I'm off to see the new Harry Potter movie.




Yes, I am an HP geek. I absolutely love the books. So far the movies have been okay. But, as a true fan of the books, I can say that they have been less than stellar. Don't get me wrong. I do think that they have cast the characters well. It's just that they seem to leave out vital parts of the story that make sense later on in lieu of a cinematic scene of a bird flying or the ground freezing over, etc. Ok, so there's my rant. And yes, I'm going to buy the DVD later. It'll go along with my complete collection of both the US and the UK book series. (See, I told you I was an HP geek. Although I don't have any scarves or hats or other paraphernalia.)

What are your thoughts on the books, movies? Love them? Hate them? (I know Pinky's thoughts- hence the scarf comment!)

It's going to be a busy day tomorrow!

3 comments:

Heather Armstrong said...

Just saw the Harry Potter movie...loved it! But, just wondering, did the death eaters destroy the Weasley's house in the book? I can't remember...

Kate said...

I must admit that this movie was a disappointment. No, they didn't attack the Weasley home- ever. At the beginning of book 7 there was this big wedding there. I know that they can't get everything from the book into the movie, but to add events that never happened and then never tie them into the story- bad judgment. I am surprised that JK Rowling let this one stay as is.

Heather Armstrong said...

They really didn't take any time to explain the half blood prince thing did they?