Thursday, March 5, 2009

Food, Friends and Shopping!

Last night I went to dinner and then ran some errands with Tammy. We went to the Dodo for dinner. She had never been and I was just there recently with Liz- who took me out for my b-day! (If you can't tell, I thought it was super yummy and needed to go back! This was my third time in 3 months. Highly recommend the place!) Just in case you are wanting to try this place out, it's in the Gateway downtown or in Sugarhouse. The food is mainly American. The brie and fresh fruit appitizer is wonderful. I had one of the specials which was great, but highly recommend the chicken enchiladas as well. We also had the buttermilk peach cake for dessert that was... wow!


After that, we went to run our errands. I needed some new black boots because the heel broke off on a pair and needed replacing.

I am not sure if you have been to Shoe Carnival before. They are a discount shoe store that carries high end brands at low, low prices. Not everything is a huge discount, but the boots I purchased last night were normally $49.99. They were marked down to $12.00 and then to create the atmosphere of a carnival they announced that for the next 20 minutes the shoes on the mark down table would be an additional $5.00 off. So, yeah, I spent a whole $7 and some change on a pair of boots last night! Cool, huh?


Last but not least, we ended up at Macy's.
I found a really cute pair of pants for only $23.00 - they are light and for Spring. (So, until this snowy weather decides to turn into Spring, they will have to wait patiently in the closet before I can wear them. That's always hard!) And I got a really cute shirt for only $20.00. This one I did wear today. I think it's pretty much a rule to wear your new clothes as soon as you get them- weather permitting. Tammy bought some really cute sweaters that were buy one, get one free. They ended up being $10.00 each! Great deals!
All and all, a fun night!

1 comment:

SilverRain said...

So . . . when are you going shopping for ME? I could probably fork over a $20 budget.