Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Carolyn Mollinet


Today I attended the funeral of my mom's best friend. It was a great service and her family told many wonderful stories about her. I knew her better as an adult. A couple of years ago, when I was living in NJ, my parents booked us a church history trip with a group. Carolyn and her husband Dick also went. I have a lot of fond memories from that trip.

My parents and the Mollinet's have had season tickets to all U of U football and basketball games for the last 30 years.

I have known them my entire life. It's so strange to think that she's gone. When I was going through my cancer treatments, she sent me a little note to cheer me up. She was just that kind of person.

In general, Carolyn was a great conversationalist and a great story teller. She was a great cook and I am glad to have a delicious cake recipe from her. She was a really neat lady and will be missed.

Her obituary can be viewed here

No comments: