Wednesday, January 13, 2010

6 diet rules meant to be broken

Yeah, that one caught my eye too. So, straight from Sparkpeople (article written by Melinda Hershey, SparkPeople Contributor and Nicole Nichols, Health Educator)... here you go:

Old rule: Don’t eat after 7 p.m.
New rule: Don’t mindlessly snack in the evening.


Old rule: Always choose fat-free foods
New rule: Include a moderate amount of heart-healthy fats in your weight loss plan.


Old rule: You should burn every calorie you eat through exercise.
New rule: Move more and exercise moderately.


Old rule: Skip meals to lose weight faster.
New rule: Eat sensible portions at regular intervals throughout the day.

Old rule: Eating low-carb is the way to win at weight loss.
New rule: Cut back on processed carbs and choose whole foods instead.

Old rule: Give up eating all of your favorite fattening foods.
New rule: Eat anything you’d like within moderation.

And as a side note, I bought the new Sketchers Shape-ups.

I wear them whenever I am running errands, etc. When it gets a bit warmer in the evenings- like April- I plan to walk the neighborhood in them. Here's hoping a firmer butt, stronger looking legs, a better posture and any of the other multiple benefits they claim will happen!!

No comments: