Saturday, November 21, 2009

Disney's A Christmas Carol

Tonight Tracy and I went to see the movie Disney's A Christmas Carol. It was pretty cute. Although most Disney is aimed at children, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone younger than 8 or 9. Remember that this is a ghost story and frankly a scary one at that. This was very dramatic and I can see how this would be scary to a young audience. The movie was pretty fun and Jim Carrey was amazing in this film.



Anyway, we got there to purchase our tickets for the 6:30 PM movie and they were sold out. So, we got tickets for the 8:45 PM. That gave us three hours to kill. We ate dinner at Ruby River- I got this amazing steak with gorgonzola cheese melted on it. YUM! After dinner, we still had time to kill, so we went shopping at the SouthTowne mall. Then back to the movie.

A favorite actor of mine- Colin Firth- was also in the movie. Granted it was a digital movie (think Polar Express) so it wasn't the best representation of him. But still it had his voice. What a good looking man he is. (Especially as Mr. Darcy in the BBC version. I picture him every time I read Pride and Prejudice- he will forever remain my ideal Mr. Darcy. Double YUM!)



All and all, a very fun evening!

No comments: